Showing 141-160 of 599
Publisher: New York: Swann Auction Galleries, 2013.: 2013.
Seller ID: 94980
Condition: Very good
- Small quarto [approximately 9-1/2 inches high by 6-1/2 inches wide], softcover bound in pictorial wrappers. The head & tail of the spine are slightly rubbed. Unpaginated. Profuse color illustrations, including facsimiles. Near fine. Catalog for an auction held at the Swann Galleries in New York on April 16, 2013. 434 items are listed and fully described with estimated prices.An illustrated card announcing an upcoming auction of Fine Photographs and Photobooks is laid in. View more info
Publisher: New York: Swann Galleries, 2011.: 2011.
Seller ID: 94724
Condition: Very good
- Octavo [9-1/2 inches high by 6-1/2 inches wide], softcover bound in color pictorial wraps. The binding is very lightly rubbed & bumped and the head & tail of the spine are slightly chipped. Unpaginated, Profusely illustrated in black & white and color. Very good. Catalog for a Swann auction held in New York on March 10th, 2011. 507 items are catalogued with estimated prices. View more info
Publisher: New York: Swann Galleries, 2012.: 2012.
Seller ID: 94725
Condition: Very good
- Octavo [9-1/2 inches high by 6-1/2 inches wide], softcover bound in color pictorial wraps. The binding is very lightly rubbed & bumped. Unpaginated, Profusely illustrated in color. Very good. Catalog for a Swann auction held in New York on March 1st, 2012. 534 items are catalogued with estimated prices. View more info
Publisher: Cambridge, MA: Printed at the Chronicle Office, 1850.: 1850.
Seller ID: 16868
Cambridge, MA: Printed at the Chronicle Office, 1850.. 1850.. Good. - Octavo, softcover bound in printed tan wraps. The wraps are darkened & soiled with their corners creased & their upper halves detached. There is a crease to the upper half of the rear wrap. The spine is heavily chipped with large pieces out. 43 pages. The top page corners are creased, else the contents are bright & clean. Good. First edition. First Edition. View more info
Publisher: New York, NY: The National Board of Fire Underwriters, 1951.: 1951.
Seller ID: 36827
Condition: Very good
- Quarto, 11 inches high by 8-1/2 inches wide. Softcover, bound in stapled white wrappers titled and illustrated in black on the front cover. The covers are soiled and creased with a short slit to the head of the spine. 25 pages printed on glossy paper, with textual illustrations and full-page diagrams and maps. Very good. Sometimes known locally as Black Friday, the September 21, 1951 explosion of natural gas in a vault housing gas regulators in the Meadowbrook neighborhood of Brighton, NY claimed the lives of two children and an adult while totally destroying 15 homes, seriously damaging... View more info
Publisher: Washington, D.C.: The National Tribune Company, 1923.: 1923.
Seller ID: 36036
- Octavo, red cloth titled in gilt with golden yellow rules decorating the front cover. The covers are rubbed and bumped with some fading and dampstaining. 181 pages. An early owner's name and the date are penned at the top of the title page. Good. Revised edition of the rules and regulations originally "Adopted by [the] Twenty-third National Convention Denver, Colorado, 1905".Recognized in 1883, The National Woman's Relief Corps was a secret organization formed by women who were loyal to the North during the Civil War. View more info
Publisher: May 31st, 1850.: 1850.
Seller ID: 94846
- Approximately 200 words penned on 10 inch high by 7-7/8 inch wide creamy white paper with a simple decorative blind stamp at top left. A "Bill of Sale", so titled as a heading, by which Hartman Vreeland transfers ownership of the sloop "Locomotive" to Samuel F. Tracy, a New York City merchant. "Know all men by these present, that I, Hartman Vreeland, of the County of Hudson, State of New Jersey, Landsman, for and in consideration of the sum of one hundred and fifty Dollars, to me in hand paid by Samuel F. Tracy, of the City, County, & State of New York.... Sell and delive... View more info
Publisher: 1956.: 1956.
Seller ID: 25321
Condition: Very good
1956.. 1956.. Very good. - sc This is an 7-1/4 inch high by 8-3/4 inch wide black & white news copy photograph with the text of press release photographed onto the bottom of the image. Such photos were copied by the newspaper from the original which were distributed by the International News Photos. The press release serving as caption for the photograph reads as follows: "N.Y. 386 INP SOUNDPHOTO...UNITED NATIONS, N.Y...11/12/56...Senator Hubert H. Humphrey; Senator William F. Knowland and U.S. Ambassador Henry Cabot Lodge, representing the U.S. at today's opening of the eleventh annual UN... View more info
By: (Vanderventer, Jacobus). Vanderveer, Captain Cornelius (d. 1804). Revolutionary War hero who fought the British in Flatbush 2 days before the battle of Long Island and was nearly hanged after his capture.
Publisher: Flatbush Kings County, October 8th, 1796.: 1796.
Seller ID: 95122
- Over 70 words penned on 7 inch high by 8 inch wide creamy white paper notifying Cornelius Duryea of the town of Flatbush that his "term of holding" expires the following March. "Sir you will accept of this Note as a sufficient Notice that your term of holding my farm according to agreement between us Expires next March.... I have thought it proper to give you sufficient time to provide for yourself...." The note is signed Jacobus Vanderventer in the copyist's hand. A 26-word annotation penned by the Revolutionary War hero Cornelius Vanderveer proclaims that "I the subscri... View more info
Publisher: (Portland, OR): Oregon Historical Society, (1958).: (1958).
Seller ID: 31095
(Portland, OR): Oregon Historical Society, (1958).. (1958).. Good. - Quarto, pictorial wraps. Heavily soiled with the spine chipped. 44 pp., printed by offset on the rectos only. Good. A selective checklist for students and teachers. View more info
Publisher: [New York]: (Brearley School), 1945.: 1945.
Seller ID: 30855
[New York]: (Brearley School), 1945.. 1945.. Good. - Quarto [11 inches high by 8-5/8 inches wide], red cloth with the school's seal stamped in gilt on the front cover. The binding is bumped & there is some bubbling to the cloth of the covers. A small area of each cover is discolored & the tail of the spine is lightly chipped. Unpaginated. Profusely illustrated in black & white with photographic portraits, class photos, cartoons & drawings. Good. From the library of Emily Dickinson Townsend Vermeule with numerous ink inscriptions to her from fellow students on the pastedowns and endpapers. ... View more info
Publisher: Chicago: The Newberry Library, 1962.: 1962.
Seller ID: 11309
Chicago: The Newberry Library, 1962.. 1962.. Fine. - Octavo, softcover bound in printed tan wraps. [iv] & 17 pages. Illustrated with a full-page black-and-white photographic portrait. Near fine. Limited edition of 2,000 copies.Thirty books are catalogued with descriptions by Colton Storm based on those of Wagner. The introduction is by Everett D. Graff, who lent most of the books for the exhibition from his private collection. View more info
Publisher: Baltimore, MD: printed by John L. Cook, 1810.: 1810.
Seller ID: 36651
- Octavo, printed self-wrappers sewn with tan cord. The title page is unevenly darkened with its bottom corners slightly chipped. The last page is lightly foxed & darkened with a tiny chip out of the bottom corner. 16 pages. The bottom page corners are lightly creased & there is occasional foxing. Good. First edition. "The object of this society shall be to support, extend and carry into effect the political principles and system of Washington, as disclosed in his farewell address to the people of the United States and exemplified in his administration of the federal government...." Fi... View more info
Publisher: Bloomington, IL: Printed for private distribution, 1903.: 1903.
Seller ID: 16405
Condition: Very good
Bloomington, IL: Printed for private distribution, 1903.. 1903.. Very good. - Octavo, softcover bound in printed gray wraps sewn with red cord. The wraps are chipped & lightly soiled. There is a piece out of the top corner of the front wrap & the top corner of the rear wrap is torn & creased. There are small pieces out of the head & tail of the spine, part of the red cord is lacking & the lower 2-1/2 inches of the wraps are detached. 58 pages. Very good internally. The compliments slip of Isaac N. Phillips is bound in at the title. Phillips was the Reporter of the Supreme Court of Illinois ... View more info
Publisher: Philadelphia, PA: J. B. Lippincott and Co., 1857.: 1857.
Seller ID: 34869
Philadelphia, PA: J. B. Lippincott and Co., 1857.. 1857.. Good. - Octavo, dark green cloth titled in blind on front cover. The covers are rubbed, bumped & lightly stained; the spine is slightly faded with the head torn & the tail chipped. xiii & pp. -85. There is dampstaining to the top edges of the endpapers & to the bottom edges of the front endpapers, flyleaf & following blank; there is a small stain to the title & light foxing to the prelims; the page edges are slightly darkened. Good only. First edition. First Edition. View more info
Publisher: New York/London: W. W. Norton & Company, (2007).: (2007).
Seller ID: 13494
New York/London: W. W. Norton & Company, (2007).. (2007).. Fine. - Octavo, cloth backed boards, in a dust wrapper. The rear panel of the dust wrapper is very lightly soiled. vii, [i] & 533 pages. Illustrated in black & white and color. Near fine. First edition. Dust jacket present. First Edition. View more info
Publisher: New York: Gilliss Brothers & Turnure, The Art Age Press, Easter, 1887.: Easter, 1887.
Seller ID: 30167
Condition: Very good
New York: Gilliss Brothers & Turnure, The Art Age Press, Easter, 1887.. Easter, 1887.. Very good. - Squarish octavo, 8-1/2 inches high by 6-1/4 inches wide. Hardcover, bound in blue cloth backed gray paper covered boards printed in black on front board. The boards are bumped, lightly soiled & unevenly darkened; the head & tail of the spine are lightly chipped. 57 pages, illustrated with a frontispiece & 10 black & white plates. There is light staining to the rear pastedown, else the contents are very good. First edition. First Edition. View more info
Publisher: (Riverside, Cambridge): privately printed, 1864.: 1864.
Seller ID: 2004
(Riverside, Cambridge): privately printed, 1864.. 1864.. Good. - Octavo, brown cloth titled in gilt on front cover with horizontal bands stamped in blind on covers & spine & frames in blind on covers. The covers are bumped & lightly rubbed with a label removed from the front cover; the spine is faded with pieces out of the head & tail. 66 pp. A tipped-in original photograph of a bust serves as the frontispiece. There is scattered foxing & light soiling & the page edges are slightly darkened. From the library of the Historical Society of Iowa with the Society's book label on the front pastedown... View more info
Publisher: Washington, 1917.: 1917.
Seller ID: 28996
Washington, 1917.. 1917.. Good. - Octavo, printed white wraps. The edges of the covers are darkened and there is a short tear to the top edge and a tiny hole near the top of the front cover. The rear cover is heavily stained with several chips to the edges and a piece out from the top corner. 6 pages with the text printed only on one side of each of the 6 leaves. Folded vertically, the edges of the pages are darkened and there is some slight chipping to the top of the last leaf. Good only. In this address delivered shortly before US involvement in World War I, President Woodrow Wilson requ... View more info
Publisher: Stockholm: Kungl Boktryckeriet P. A. Norstedt & Soner, 1919.: 1919.
Seller ID: 33775
Stockholm: Kungl Boktryckeriet P. A. Norstedt & Soner, 1919.. 1919.. Good. - Octavo, softcover bound in pictorial wrappers. The binding is bumped, soiled & lightly creased. The wraps are lightly stained & foxed with some chipping around the edges. There are small pieces out of the head & tail of the spine. 231 pages with a folding chart of the Federal Executive bound in at the rear. Illustrated in black & white with a portrait frontispiece and full-page & textual illustrations. There is light dampstaining to the rear wrap & chart & to the top edges of the rear third of the leaves. The top edge... View more info